No More Mr. Nice Guy Online Support Group  

Go Back   No More Mr. Nice Guy Online Support Group > Discussion > All About Dating

Old April 24th, 2012, 07:10 PM
O.S.G. Veteran

Xavier has four gold stars
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchABaller View Post
So literally all of my prospects are out.

In a way it's bittersweet because I wanna spend my last free summer not dating and figure out if either my situation was that it was really a numbers game, my approaches sucked, or I wasn't presenting myself as a date-able man. I don't understand how non of these girls worked out. . . except one who I was never into. WTF. Anyway there's no better time than now to finish off college by taking a few easy classes, as well as finally working out & trimming a ton of body fat after being injured for an entire semester.

Sucks my entire college dating experience was a failure. . . I'll get over it.
I'm at that stage too where at this point I'm more focused on getting a job and making sure I finish college on the right foot. You have to figure out what's best for you at this stage in your life and then you go out and get the skills to make that happen. Once you have confidence in your life direction, it'll branch out to everything around you, especially women. Just remember the skills your previous experiences have taught you; yes the past sucks (in terms of dating, at least), but what happened happened and you'll either let it eat at you or you'll use it to make yourself a better person.

Also, you're taking classes in the summer, you'll definitely find people to spend some good quality time with.

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann: "My drill is the drill that will pierce the heavens." As long as my heart is behind what I do, nothing can stop me.
Old April 25th, 2012, 12:13 PM
O.S.G. Veteran

GateKeeper has three gold stars
Quote:
Originally Posted by RufWarrior View Post

How she looks has zero correlation to the quality of her blowjob.
Oh man, this made me laugh because it is so true.

In fact my experience has been the better looking, the worse the BJ.

Funny how that works...
Old April 25th, 2012, 07:52 PM
Integration Crusader

SuchABaller has five gold stars
All positive words guys. There we go SnapRoll, that's the kind of shit I like to read!

RufWarrior, I'll definitely be taking advantage of those tools upon graduation. I don't really agree with everything that Unhooked Generation says, especially about being at a disadvantage because of my age. I'm an optimist. . . I still think it's all a number's game no matter the age. What I can do instead of complaining about college (really the lack of a LTR college sweetheart experience) is to be much more grateful for my experiences, especially for the awesome friends I've made. Xavier, I definitely have a great semester ahead granted I pass my finals for this semester.

I just wanted to point out that earlier in this thread I mentioned I wouldn't be adding any of these girls onto Facebook. Well I take all of that back. Not only does it feel like 99.9% of my generation uses Facebook, but it's very helpful to know ahead of time that a girl is in a relationship or even engaged before asking her out and whining about it in my thread.
Old April 26th, 2012, 10:11 AM
O.S.G. Veteran

Quote:

I just wanted to point out that earlier in this thread I mentioned I wouldn't be adding any of these girls onto Facebook. Well I take all of that back. Not only does it feel like 99.9% of my generation uses Facebook, but it's very helpful to know ahead of time that a girl is in a relationship or even engaged before asking her out and whining about it in my thread.

I am on the fence about adding women I just met or have yet to meet on Facebook. You make some good points abut wouldn't it be weird to have a bunch of potential mates all poking around in your business and possibly bumping into each other?
Old April 26th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Oracle of Masculinity

TophFletch has five gold starsTophFletch has five gold stars
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingTurtle View Post
I am on the fence about adding women I just met or have yet to meet on Facebook. You make some good points abut wouldn't it be weird to have a bunch of potential mates all poking around in your business and possibly bumping into each other?
That's where I'm glad Facebook wasn't around in my 20s. That part of it would've driven me nuts.
Old April 26th, 2012, 01:13 PM
Integration Crusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingTurtle View Post

It's not as big of a deal as you think. I mean who's to say a girl I've taken on 2+ dates isn't also talking to some other dude, or other dudes, "as friends" who's also a potential prospect in her mind? Many people (unfortunately not everyone though) are well aware of how much others can see on their newsfeeds, especially with 500+ or 1000+ friends.

What are we afraid of here, having a girl exchange some "I love you's" on my Wall while I'm talking to 3 others? Guys and girls post on each others' walls all the time with some "hey let's hang out" & etc, and that lovey-dovey stuff doesn't usually happen unless we're "Facebook official." Besides, wouldn't it be good to have a little female competition?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TophFletch View Post
That's where I'm glad Facebook wasn't around in my 20s. That part of it would've driven me nuts.
On the flip side it used to drive me crazy whenever my crushes would get male attention on their Facebook Wall, or when I'd see them tagged in a semi-formal photo with some other dude who's not me. It became a lot easier to deal with when I wasn't just pursuing one at a time.
Old April 26th, 2012, 02:34 PM
Oracle of Masculinity

TophFletch has five gold starsTophFletch has five gold stars
Quote:
It became a lot easier to deal with when I wasn't just pursuing one at a time.
That is the key. Dating more than one if possible there. Your dating life's gonna go a lot easier than some of my friends. I tried to warn them of one-itus. They never got it.

Even when a lead you like turns out to unfortuately be a cold one after all, at least you aren't as emotionally attached because you know not to take it too seriously or too hard.

The best metaphor for dating I ever heard was from a NMMNG guy here in 2006 or so named Davepol who used a car salesman example, in a good way. He said that like them it's best to quickly distinguish between hot leads and cold leads well in advance so that you can not waste too much time with the potentially cold lead, and instead be sealing the deal with the hot lead.

Last edited by TophFletch; April 26th, 2012 at 03:27 PM..
Old April 26th, 2012, 03:42 PM
O.S.G. Veteran

Quote:

What are we afraid of here, having a girl exchange some "I love you's" on my Wall while I'm talking to 3 others? Guys and girls post on each others' walls all the time with some "hey let's hang out" & etc, and that lovey-dovey stuff doesn't usually happen unless we're "Facebook official." Besides, wouldn't it be good to have a little female competition?
You know that's a good point. And it could potentially weed out the insecure, high maintenance ones pretty quickly right?
Old April 26th, 2012, 07:29 PM
Integration Crusader

Let's see I've interacted with 23 girls since starting this thread and I'm Facebook friends with 19 of them. They're all great ladies, but quite honestly I give zero fucks if 17/19 of them update their profiles to in a relationship.
Old April 26th, 2012, 09:24 PM
O.S.G. Veteran

Bane has five gold starsBane has five gold stars
Quote:
but quite honestly I give zero fucks if 17/19 of them update their profiles to in a relationship.
Awesome.
Old May 14th, 2012, 09:58 PM
Integration Crusader

The Book of Pook

Just read the entire thing here, what a complete game-changer towards my life:

The Book of Pook - (270 Pages)
Old May 14th, 2012, 10:35 PM
O.S.G. Veteran

xCCx has one gold star
Quote:
Just read the entire thing here, what a complete game-changer towards my life:

The Book of Pook - (270 Pages)
This...is like Thus Spoke Zarathustra for dating! You have all my respect for finding and sharing this.

The Mask You Live In
Old May 14th, 2012, 10:41 PM
O.S.G. Veteran

Bane has five gold starsBane has five gold stars
Failure teaches brutally. Foresight teaches gently.

Pook literally destroys everyone else
Old May 16th, 2012, 10:43 PM
Integration Crusader

HotSummerNights has five gold stars
I just got this Pook book and skimmed it a little while on the can today. The parts I read seem pretty good. It even seems a bit oriented toward finding quality chicks you could end up with for life!

FWIW, there was very little concept of dating in college when i was there (4 years ago). That said, I think it depends on your crew and your physical location.

College girls in a college town, like Michigan for example, don't have any concept of what a "date" is. They are either with a guy, playing, or not with him.

What worked in college for me was to become friends with the girl, but keep a little bit of distance (don't talk about things to personal). And, be fun when you see her. At some point, like a party or something, I remember saying to one girl "So R, you're sleeping in my bed tonight right?" She just laughed. Around midnight though, there was a knock at my dorm room door where she stood on the other side with her pillow. We then kept fooling around every night. At some point, we just became bf/gf. This is how it worked for most of my buds.

This is my mantra now. No more regrets, self doubt, or worry. I've lived and learned enough to get through life just fine. I want to have a life where I'm "building" something meaningful and that starts now.
Old May 17th, 2012, 01:45 AM
Integration Crusader

I just know one thing, I'm done pursuing girls who are affiliated with a campus religious organization. Not all of the girls I talked to fit this demographic (which included regular girls, sorority girls, and NCAA athletes) although there's this mentality that you should "only date people you wanna marry" from the folks I've talked to, while frowning upon casual dating of multiple people. Even though it's not what I'm looking for, how can you know if you wanna marry someone without dating them, or even a year after dating? I already know the solution: meet more people, but still . . .

Maybe I'm just pissed that some of these girls didn't initially see me as marriage material? Maybe I just sucked & didn't even realize it? I just wanna casually date and there's no way in hell I'd commit to someone at 22 or 23, as most of these girls wanna do. Anyway had I not pursued any of these girls then I would've had all these "what ifs" haunt me for years, whereas I could've just known right there and then where I stood, gotten to rejection, and moved on like I did. So I guess I can't really complain.

HotSummerNights, I was clueless when I started this thread (and maybe I'm a bit less clueless yet nevertheless still clueless) but I was beginning to get tired of the initial coffee date idea the more I met girls. It's a good way to build your communication skills, but in retrospect I don't really care to sit down for coffee and chit-chat. I'd much rather plan the first hangout to be something active like tennis, biking, or raquetball.

Right now is an awkward moment in my life where I'm just starting to figure out what I really like to do for fun. I'm beginning to "rediscover my passions" after a year of straight-up school/work with minimal breaks, and I want to change my life paradigm. My old paradigm was altering my life just to have a woman I'm really attracted to be part of it. . . literally 10 years of programming when I think about it. The new paradigm I now want is to create a life I enjoy and invite the women I've met during the journey along my path.

Anyway I talk too much. Maybe I'll start a new thread.