No More Mr. Nice Guy Online Support Group  

Go Back   No More Mr. Nice Guy Online Support Group > Discussion > All About Dating

Old June 18th, 2011, 12:23 AM

Fighting has no reputation
women seeking for ltr online

Every woman on online dating sites is seeking for a ltr. That is like asking to learn how to run before you know how to crawl. Most men I know are open for ltr but ONLY with the right girl. I don't think the majority of women know this. They act like if all men want sex but that is not true at all. What ever happen to women proving there worth for a long term relationship?

I keep telling women that I want to date and see where it goes from there but they keep telling me that they want a long term relationship with a man that is serous.

WTF! What kind of guy wants to get into relationship with impulsive lady.
Old June 18th, 2011, 04:48 AM
Radicals

Maybe you are visiting sites that are targeted towards ltr people.

Have you tried adult match maker or adult friend finder? I forget which one, but one of them is pretty good and has real people seeking a variety of relationships (short-term/casual/long term, etc)
Old June 18th, 2011, 06:22 AM
Oracle of Masculinity

JackNicholson has five gold starsJackNicholson has five gold stars
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighting View Post
I keep telling women that I want to date and see where it goes from there but they keep telling me that they want a long term relationship with a man that is serous.
Fighter,
It sounds like you're trying to seek their approval on this issue. Don't. And please note that many women post this stuff up, just because they don't want to appear like sluts. So don't take what they say too seriously.

Also another issue might be the age range you're aiming for. If you're aiming for the 25 to 35 range, you'll find many women that are trying to outrun the biological clock, and those type of women can be super-desperate. And your best bet in that case, even if you're 30, is to aim for a lot younger, or for a lot older, just so that you can avoid that range.

And when the subject of commitments comes up during the date, just tell her that you need at least six months to really get to know someone. This statement is true enough. What can she say to something like that? "No, I'm super desperate!! I need to move in by next week. "

And when she asks about your previous exes, to gauge what your past patterns of relationship have been like, or try to uncover information about any other women you might be dating, just tell her point blank that you don't talk about other women, and rinse and repeat as many times as necessary.

- Jack
Old June 18th, 2011, 02:40 PM
O.S.G. Veteran

JackG has five gold starsJackG has five gold starsJackG has five gold starsJackG has five gold stars
I'm pretty sure those women looking for LTR aren't thinking, "if you respond to my ad, you better mean you're ready to shop for a ring." Unless you meet a genuinely crazy woman, every LTR starts with dating and becomes a short-term relationship first, and anybody can decide it's not working out at any point, so feel free to give those LTR women a shot.

"Casual encounters" can be a different thing, but hey, sometimes those "LTR" women are more open to that than you'd imagine, too. If you're sure that's all you're looking for, there are outlets just for that, too.
Old June 19th, 2011, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radicals View Post
Maybe you are visiting sites that are targeted towards ltr people.

Have you tried adult match maker or adult friend finder? I forget which one, but one of them is pretty good and has real people seeking a variety of relationships (short-term/casual/long term, etc)
that's not the point.
Old June 19th, 2011, 05:42 PM
Oracle of Masculinity

reborn has five gold starsreborn has five gold starsreborn has five gold starsreborn has five gold stars
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighting View Post
Every woman on online dating sites is seeking for a ltr. That is like asking to learn how to run before you know how to crawl. Most men I know are open for ltr but ONLY with the right girl.
I don't see what your problem is.

I'm sure the women would also say "only with the right man".

If she says "I'm looking for a LTR", can you not truthfully say "so am I" ? And "lets find out whether we are right for each other"?

She wants a man who is open to a LTR. I don't think she expects a man to say that she's right for a LTR with him on date 1, in fact, I think she'd be frightened off by a man who said it that early
Old June 19th, 2011, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reborn View Post

If she says "I'm looking for a LTR", can you not truthfully say "so am I" ? And "lets find out whether we are right for each other"?

She wants a man who is open to a LTR. I don't think she expects a man to say that she's right for a LTR with him on date 1, in fact, I think she'd be frightened off by a man who said it that early
Well yeah that's what I thought too. I tell them that I am open for ltr but that's not serious enough for them. Its like they actually want a guy to be desperately seeking for a ltr. Some women are stupid like that
Old June 19th, 2011, 08:50 PM
Oracle of Masculinity

ktrp has five gold starsktrp has five gold stars
Send a message via AIM to ktrp Send a message via MSN to ktrp Send a message via Yahoo to ktrp
The average woman wants a relationship first, sex within the context, not the other way around.

They are free to demand a commitment before anything else, just like you're free to demand tons of sex before you consider committing.
Old June 20th, 2011, 02:00 AM
O.S.G. Veteran

Southern Cross has five gold stars
Quote:
Originally Posted by reborn View Post

If you're like many of the guys here, long term you want a great LTR. But only with a great woman. And you should be free to date a number of women while you're trying to find the right one. You have high standards. Tell them that. It does amazing things for your attractiveness as a man.

The sticking point may be sex. Do you inform them that you're having sex with other girls while your dating? I tend to be on the yes side of that argument. There are health considerations.

Be open. Have high standards. And be a good ender. Ruthlessly dispense with relationships with women that you feel don't suit you.