No More Mr. Nice Guy Online Support Group  

Go Back   No More Mr. Nice Guy Online Support Group > Discussion > General Discussion

Old May 19th, 2004, 08:24 AM

Allen has no reputation
nmmng book is it worth it?

Hi Guys, I'm new to these boards.

I've been reading some posts around here and I can relate to almost all of them. Especially the infedelity one. Our marriage of 13 years has been going no where for a few years now. No $ex for 2 years. One time sex in 4 years!

Last sept, I found out she cheated with her boss. She told me it was over.
It was a shock to me but I understood since we were going nowhere and there was no affection in our marriage. I forgave her. Although it made the marriage worse. Two weeks ago, I find out she was with this guy until jan 2004. Then I find out she met another guy in late April unit middle May. She told me it was over and that they never slept together (Bull$hit). Anyway, we've decided to go our seperate ways. Fist time I forgave her, the second -no way. What's to say she won't go for a 3rd or a 4th or a 5th, etc.

We have two beautiful boys ages 6 and 3. It really breaks my heart for them. Though I have decided even though it will be hard for them, it's for the best. I just hope they don't grow up to have emotional problems!

Things also couldn't get better, I got laid off 1 month ago. Talk about depression! We are waiting until I find a job and then proceed with the moves. A buddy told me about this book and that it is really helpful. I purchased it. I can't wait to get it.

I just wanted to get some feedback from you guys about the book, the whole NMMNG philosophy, and at the same time introduce myself.

Thanks!

Last edited by Allen; May 19th, 2004 at 08:29 AM.. Reason: Wanted to make the title in bold.
Old May 19th, 2004, 08:32 AM
Integration Crusader : PEER SUPPORT GROUP COORDINATOR - Milwaukee, WI

Scoundrel has five gold stars
In a word...

Yes. The book is definately worth it. As I'm sure you've noticed from the posts on these boards, many guys have turned their lives around using what they've learned in this book.

Welcome a-board!

"Every thought you think is magic." - Christopher Penczack

Scoundrel, Integration Crusader on Affirmations, Covert Contract Busting, and GBT (Gay, Bi, Trans) Integration.
Old May 19th, 2004, 08:37 AM

Allen has no reputation
Thanks NMperor!

Quick question - How do you add avatars?
I went into control panel, edit avatar - although the only selection I have is "do not use avatars".
Old May 19th, 2004, 09:05 AM

Aslan has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen
Thanks NMperor!

Quick question - How do you add avatars?
I went into control panel, edit avatar - although the only selection I have is "do not use avatars".
You can choose an avatar once you have made 50 posts.
to cancel half a line, nor all your tears
wash a word of it.
-Omar Khayyam
Old May 19th, 2004, 09:36 AM
Oracle of Masculinity

RufWarrior has five gold starsRufWarrior has five gold stars
Definitely buy the book

Definitely buy the book - I prefer the paper version over the electronic version. Go on Amazon.com or B & N, order it, and read away.

S
Old May 19th, 2004, 10:01 AM

Man has no reputation
just buy it ... you won't regret
Old May 19th, 2004, 10:39 AM
O.S.G. Veteran

redeerguy has no reputation
YES, YES, YES

Absolutely, however let me also say. It depends on the atitude you take reading it. If you are ready and wanting change in your life, I think it will have a bigger impact.

All the best.
Old May 19th, 2004, 11:28 AM
O.S.G. Veteran

NextVision has no reputation
Buy the book for yourself and your friends. Mos' Definitely.

Read the book, do the excercises and widen your cirlcle of friends.

Welcome the boards.

Medgar Evans quoting Shakespere
Old May 19th, 2004, 11:37 AM
Executive Director

Janir has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to Janir Send a message via Yahoo to Janir
Welcome to the OSG YES GET THE BOOK! You, like many of us, may find that Dr. Glover has been hiding in you closet recording your life just to put into a book. Helps if you can also find a local group. If your buddy here on the OSG? If not introduce him here as well!

-Patrick

Old May 19th, 2004, 11:44 AM
Oracle of Masculinity

ubermacht003 has five gold starsubermacht003 has five gold stars
Send a message via Yahoo to ubermacht003
Your Wife Sounds Like A Real Looser - Best To Be Over Her And Move On -

Don't Waste Your Money - Every Thing I Ever Needed To Know I Learned from Woden -

In Fact If You E Mail Me I'll Give You Wodens Home # He Works Second Shift So The Best Time To Contact Him Is Usually Between 3 & 4 am

www.fractalwisdom.com

http://www.nii.net/~obie/8circuit.htm

((< *;*>))
I Wish You'd Read A Little P etry Sometimes Your Ignorance Cramps My
.......................................CnVersAtin
Old May 19th, 2004, 12:17 PM

LouisianaMan has disabled reputation
Allen,

Yes, it is worth it. Welcome to the forum. Get evidence of your spouse's infidelity and see a lawyer. She will be paying YOU while you keep the kids!

LouisianaMan
Old May 19th, 2004, 03:21 PM
O.S.G. Veteran

MP173 has no reputation
Allen:

You got hit hard man. Two blows below the belt (infidelity and job loss). One of those two is enough to really hurt...two at once, well you need the book.

Never been thru the infidelity/divorce situation but I am a single parent. Your kids will be going thru crap. Make sure you take care of yourself first (like they say on the airlines) and then them. You will do them no good by being all messed up.

The book will help. I am amazed at what it did for me.

Read the book, do the exercizes, and keep notes of what you read. I still refer to my notebook from time to time.

Best of luck with situation. We will be around.

ed
Old May 19th, 2004, 03:52 PM

Allen has no reputation
Thanks a lot guys. I feel very welcomed already.

ubermacht003 - I don't understand your post - please elaborate.

LouisianaMan - Even though I hate what she has done and what she put us through, I can never take the kids away from her. They are her kids too. They will have enough crap going on dealing with mommy and daddy not being together anymore, I don't want to start a custody thing. I just want what's best for them. I know in my heart she truly loves them - they shouldn't be part of our fu$k-up.

I am looking forward to reading this book and learning.

MP173 - Thanks! Yes it is hard. I am getting calls and interviews. I hope I hit the jackpot soon because my depression is getting worse and worse. I've been hitting the gym 4-5 times a week which is helping me stay a little sane.

redeerguy - I am open to anything right now. I usually have a good attitude towards new things. Thanks!

mombi - Friends are a thing I am going to have to work on. Being married with two chirldren in suburbia land working a lot and an unhaoppy marriage made me lose all my friends. Which I now regret.

Janir - I will ask him if he is already a member here. He did mention these forums.

Man - Thanks!

sas22 - I did but the paperback. I would go blind reading books of the monitor! Hahaha!

Aslan - Thanks! I hope to reach that soon!
Old May 19th, 2004, 03:58 PM
Executive Director

Janir has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to Janir Send a message via Yahoo to Janir
Uber's our class clown... You will get a good feel for him as you read his posts.
-Patrick

Old May 19th, 2004, 04:26 PM

LouisianaMan has disabled reputation
Angry Kids come before the wife!

Allen,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen
LouisianaMan - Even though I hate what she has done and what she put us through, I can never take the kids away from her. They are her kids too. They will have enough crap going on dealing with mommy and daddy not being together anymore, I don't want to start a custody thing. I just want what's best for them. I know in my heart she truly loves them - they shouldn't be part of our fu$k-up.
You are not taking the kids away from her. You are protecting your kids. I read your posts about what protective services did when your "wife" got violent. I got a sister that has three. The oldest one raised himself and the girl is living with her Dad, and the youngest is living with my older sister. My lil sis wants those two back bad. She uses the support money to buy drugs.

Your wife has a mental problem. Her behavior is unacceptable and you want her to have your kids? Is the state going to have to step in and take them away from BOTH of you before you realise what is going on?

IF SHE TRULY LOVES THEM, SHE WOULD NOT BE BEATING ON YOU IN FRONT OF THEM. SHE WOULD NOT VERBALLY ABUSE THEM, EITHER.

Get custody of the kids and put into the judgement that she can see them when she gets and keeps going to mental health treatment.

Are you going to end up like that basketcase in Houston, Texas, whose wife drownded all five of his kids and still wants her back?

If you think I am overreacting, think about this. My ex was living in a one bedroom apartment and was bring home guys. She would be drunk and send the sitter home. She was defenceless for anything that guy wanted. My mentally handicapped child was in the bedroom. If the guy wanted the bedroom, he got it. They were always too cheap to buy a hotel room and did not want her to know where they lived. If any of those guys wanted to have fun with Babygirl, who was there to stop them? I had her checked out by her gynecologist when I found out about THAT behavior.

YOUR KIDS NEEDS COME BEFORE YOUR WIFE"S NEEDS.

Be a man.

LouisianaMan