No More Mr. Nice Guy Online Support Group  

Go Back   No More Mr. Nice Guy Online Support Group > Discussion > All About Dating

Old May 4th, 2012, 02:14 PM
Oracle of Masculinity

Boyd has five gold starsBoyd has five gold starsBoyd has five gold stars
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbaggins View Post
I don't know, I think if he just bends over backwards further & keeps toweling other guys baby batter off her legs, she's bound to see the light.
LMAO!

Boyd
Old May 4th, 2012, 03:13 PM
Oracle of Masculinity

TophFletch has five gold starsTophFletch has five gold stars
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilbury View Post
Think about it, girl with all guy friends typicall says, "Girls are too catty" what's the end of that sentence she leaves off in denial? "Women are catty because I cause drama in their relationships or with their friends"
That's exactly what I think myself when those women make comments like that.
Quote:
Guy with all girl friends typically says, "Guys are assholes" and the end of that sentence he leaves off is "And no one taught me how to choose the time and place to be an asshole and stick up for myself so I sit around and pout around women all day".
Yeah, Wilbury. I think of that as a classic NG in denial.

Last edited by TophFletch; May 4th, 2012 at 05:18 PM.. Reason: Typo where "of" looked like "oof"
Old May 4th, 2012, 03:49 PM
Oracle of Masculinity

Hawkeye has five gold starsHawkeye has five gold starsHawkeye has five gold starsHawkeye has five gold starsHawkeye has five gold stars
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenyteowl View Post
I guess the point of this, if there is a dam point, is to say that I can't believe that a woman, 40, actually believes that men are hanging around her and listening to her "every dark secret" because he is truly there for friendship and has no interest in anything physical with her. Really? Really? Come on now. WTF!
You know, the closest I've come to this is having a woman as a friend who I was attracted to but who was unavailable by marriage or something and we talked about stuff going on in BOTH our lives. And I benefited greatly. And now that I think about it it happened only once.
Old May 7th, 2012, 01:26 AM
Integration Crusader

DarkStar has five gold stars
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenyteowl View Post
I recently got off the phone with someone I went to Jr. HS with. She's almost 40. She was cleaning out her phone, saw my number, didn't realize who it was, and decided to reconnect.
Quote:
I guess the point of this, if there is a dam point, is to say that I can't believe that a woman, 40, actually believes that men are hanging around her and listening to her "every dark secret" because he is truly there for friendship and has no interest in anything physical with her. Really? Really? Come on now. WTF!
Well, there is that, but I think I see another red flag: she hasn't cleaned out her phone in 25 years.
Old May 7th, 2012, 05:57 AM
Integration Crusader

ConfidenceMan has five gold starsConfidenceMan has five gold starsConfidenceMan has five gold stars
I think a male/female relationship is possible though somewhat rare and probably more so if the male is a NG - that whole scarcity thing. So I like the comment up top of this thread, that an IM can be friends with whom ever he chooses.

I have a female friend that I shared many conversation during outings when we were dating years, more than twenty years ago. While I am sure I could have had her sexually, I truly had no interest in her sexual. She ended up marrying my best bud, though the story goes that he expressed his interest in her to me, and I told him not to unless he was serious. He was not in a good place at the time. A year later they connected. Today me and his wife are not anywhere near as close. I attribute this to keeping my best bud as a friend and not having that dynamic of their marriage at play. She does every now and again reminisce or suggest we get a drink sometime. My bud would be cool with it. And it would be enjoyable. But I just do not really have the desire.

This is perhaps the only instance I can think of in my life.
Old May 7th, 2012, 07:38 AM
Oracle of Masculinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkStar View Post
Well, there is that, but I think I see another red flag: she hasn't cleaned out her phone in 25 years.
LOLz

Boyd

PS: Some good laugh out loud comments on this thread, sorry I"m not contributing something useful.
Old May 7th, 2012, 08:41 AM
Oracle of Masculinity

bootstrapped has five gold starsbootstrapped has five gold starsbootstrapped has five gold stars
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
You know, the closest I've come to this is having a woman as a friend who I was attracted to but who was unavailable by marriage or something and we talked about stuff going on in BOTH our lives. And I benefited greatly. And now that I think about it it happened only once.
I had something like that once as well. In my case she wasn't married, but I thought we could remain friends b/c I wasn't really attracted to her + I was dating other girls at time. I enjoyed our conversations, and her perspective on things. Then...we had a few beers one night, and I ended up on top of her. That killed the "friendship."
Old May 7th, 2012, 11:53 AM
O.S.G. Veteran

Winhamness has five gold stars
Quote:
Originally Posted by bootstrapped View Post
I had something like that once as well. In my case she wasn't married, but I thought we could remain friends b/c I wasn't really attracted to her + I was dating other girls at time. I enjoyed our conversations, and her perspective on things. Then...we had a few beers one night, and I ended up on top of her. That killed the "friendship."
See, that sh1t just hangs out in your subconscious and when the opportunity presents itself, human nature takes over.

Exactly why there is no such thing as a man and woman being truely platonic...
Old May 7th, 2012, 03:36 PM
Oracle of Masculinity

reborn has five gold starsreborn has five gold starsreborn has five gold stars
Oh my god.... I remember a few years back, before I found this site, I used to boast, BOAST goddamit, about having female friends.
Old May 7th, 2012, 03:37 PM

LouisianaMan has disabled reputation
Was it the position?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bootstrapped View Post
Would it have been better if YOU had been on your back and her on on top?

LouisianaMan

I am NOT always NICE!

Ron White says: "If Life gives you lemons, make lemonade! Then find someone that Life gave Vodka and then party!"
Old May 7th, 2012, 03:48 PM
Oracle of Masculinity

bootstrapped has five gold starsbootstrapped has five gold starsbootstrapped has five gold stars
Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisianaMan View Post
Would it have been better if YOU had been on your back and her on on top?
Heh.
Old May 8th, 2012, 05:25 PM

RustyNail has five gold stars
Quote:
Originally Posted by reborn View Post
Oh my god.... I remember a few years back, before I found this site, I used to boast, BOAST goddamit, about having female friends.
Ditto here, man. I even proudly said how I'd rather be a girl's friend than her boyfriend. It was "deeper."

I'm going to go slam my head in the car door.

"It is better to dwell in the wilderness, than with a contentious and an angry woman." -Proverbs 21:19

"Who dares, wins." -Motto of British Special Air Service
Old May 9th, 2012, 05:27 PM

revo has four gold stars
Actually Dr. Glover talks about this. He calls these women "sniffers" because they always have other men sniffing around. He said if you are into a woman that stays in touch with her old boyfriends, and has lots of guy friends, and few girlfriends that you should watch out.

He says it is kind of sick.

I have been the sniffer, and it is not a good thing. Amazing how unconscious I was.

My BFE's http://www.nomoremrniceguy.com/forum...ad.php?t=25759
Old May 9th, 2012, 08:52 PM

morepolka has no reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by revo View Post
Actually Dr. Glover talks about this. He calls these women "sniffers" because they always have other men sniffing around.
Yeah. When I heard this, I thought it was kinda backward. I mean, these women aren't the "sniffers." They're the "snifees."

Right?
Old May 9th, 2012, 08:55 PM
Oracle of Masculinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by morepolka View Post
Yeah. When I heard this, I thought it was kinda backward. I mean, these women aren't the "sniffers." They're the "snifees."

Right?
Yeah I was thinking "sniffer magnet". The guys sniffin' around for what they can get are sniffers, IMO.

Boyd