No More Mr. Nice Guy Online Support Group  

Go Back   No More Mr. Nice Guy Online Support Group > Discussion > General Discussion

Old November 12th, 2012, 03:10 PM
O.S.G. Veteran

Call me J has no reputation
GFWAP. Breaking from it.

So after reading the Ladder Theory months ago I realized I was a GFWAP with one of my best friends. Ever since then Ive took a step and been trying to break free from this with her. Most guys on here would tell me to cut her off but that just not gonna happen. I respect there views but this is what feels right to me and still being friends with her. But not her GFWAP. No more. Ive have come along way with her on breaking the habit. Now I treat her like shes one of my guys friends. I dont buy her drinks at the bar unless she buys the first round, no more solo dinners with her, trying to fix her probs, walking her to door when she leave my house, no more hugs good by. I just give her daps like she one of my boys. Etc.

Here a brief history about her. Post #34
http://www.nomoremrniceguy.com/forum...t=25925&page=3

Here one after doing a bit of work on myself.
http://www.nomoremrniceguy.com/forum...ad.php?t=27107

So saturday morning a get a text from her. Around 10 am.

D: Im going crazy J. ( When I saw this. GFWAP came to my mind and knew I didn't want totp try to fix her situation. So instead of texting her back. What wrong D? I texted her this.)

Me: I go crazy sometimes too.

D: I dont like it. Being a girl sucks sometimes. ( Again trying not fix the situation.)

Me: Getting my balls back after I gave them to female has been a long road too.

D: I found out that B (her ex) is dating yesterday.

Me: Y do you think I cut all contact off with whats her name. ( Meaning my ex )

D: I work with his brother. Unless I quit theres really no getting around it.

Me: I'm in the middle of a frisbee golf game. I'll call u later. Keep ur head up. ( Put my phone away and continuing with my game )

I get a text about 20 min later from my boy confirming mountain biking plans later on in the day and noticed D replied back. So I read it.

D: I'm feeling vindictive.

I sit on this text for a min. Thinking about how a IM would reply and how I would reply before I found NMMNG.

Me: Well. We can make video and post it FB.

D: He's Not on FB.
D :Lol... What kind of video.

Me: Sex tape. Instagram, email, text, whatever so he can see it.

Me: U say your feeling vindictive.

D: Lol.

That was the last I heard from her that day and about the situation.

So im asking how would you guys would have handle this?

Now that I reread it. I think fell off halfway through it. I should have STFU after saying im playing frisbee golf and not have responded after the vindictive text. But then again I wanted to get off the GFWAP part and text her something provocative. Does that make sense?

J
Old November 12th, 2012, 03:35 PM
O.S.G. Veteran

GateKeeper has three gold stars
Quote:
Originally Posted by Call me J View Post

Now that I reread it. I think fell off halfway through it. I should have STFU after saying im playing frisbee golf and not have responded after the vindictive text. But then again I wanted to get off the GFWAP part and text her something provocative. Does that make sense?

J

I agree, the whole vindictive comment was bait. It's always clearer looking back, 20/20 and all that but live and learn. At least you realized it
Old November 12th, 2012, 05:16 PM
O.S.G. Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingTurtle View Post
I agree, the whole vindictive comment was bait. It's always clearer looking back, 20/20 and all that but live and learn. At least you realized it
After reading this a third time I realized something else. I really should have just STFU after saying im playing frisbee golf. I took the bait. I also tried to fix her prob. by telling her how she could have got back at him.
Old November 13th, 2012, 08:03 AM
Integration Crusader

Flipio has five gold starsFlipio has five gold stars
Next time she texts about her ex, text back for her to meet you at your place in 15 minutes. That are going to bang her until she gets the ex out of her system. If she shows up plow her good.
Old November 13th, 2012, 08:23 AM
Oracle of Masculinity

bootstrapped has five gold starsbootstrapped has five gold starsbootstrapped has five gold stars
From this exchange, and your links, yeah, it looks like she considers you her GWAP. IMHO, you should start to pull away from her...or take Flip's advice.
Old November 13th, 2012, 08:28 AM

luckystrike has two gold stars
I think youre analyzing this way to much for a "girl you treat as a guy friend".

It doesn't matter if she considers you as a GWAP, YOU are acting like one. Or rather, youre trying to convince her youre not a GWAP instead of just stoping being a GWAP.
Old November 13th, 2012, 08:47 AM

RecoveringLoveA has no reputation
How I understand you. I have been in this situation recently. I just cut the contact. I still talk with her sometimes on facebook, but I stopped trying to fix her. Initially it was strange, since I was also using this girl to somehow replace my ex, but after you cut the contact or make it really rare, things begin to return to normal.
Old November 13th, 2012, 08:56 AM

RustyNail has five gold stars
I think the exchange sounds more or less good. Yes, you could have STFU. The end result would have been the same. But you did well in sexualizing the conversation. She didn't bite, but she knows you're not her girlfriend to cry on. Hopefully she leaves every conversation with you muttering, "Is that all men think about?"

"It is better to dwell in the wilderness, than with a contentious and an angry woman." -Proverbs 21:19

"Who dares, wins." -Motto of British Special Air Service

Last edited by RustyNail; November 13th, 2012 at 09:49 AM..
Old November 13th, 2012, 09:41 AM
O.S.G. Veteran

sparkyjim has five gold stars
I was in a bad situation with my ex - we felt because we were going to be seeing each other around town that we should try to be friends...

All that did was to leave the emotional baggage around to be drug up again. In the end I had to cut her out completely - including telling her I never want her to talk to me, or even acknowledge me in public - just leave me the F alone...

That hurt her and it hurt me too - but it closed the door completely too. It was good for me.
Old November 13th, 2012, 09:45 AM
O.S.G. Veteran

sparkyjim has five gold stars
I know that was a little off topic -

I thought what you did was pretty good - you might have just left it at making a sex tape. But either way she dropped it didn't she? That showed you that it worked. You are tying to move the relationship away from GFWAP. If it moves into FWB that's okay. And if that is not what she wants then so what? You will lose the relationship that you don't want in the first place.
Old November 13th, 2012, 12:37 PM
Integration Crusader

McGarrett has five gold stars
I think telling her you were playing frisbee was a bit passive-aggressive. Basically, you were saying " im too busy having fun to talk to you rightnow." if yiu were busy playing frisbee, why respond to her in the first place?

The sex tape comment was ok but your timing was off. After your frisbee comment, you're looking even more passive-aggressive. Its not her fault you became her gwap but it seems like you're taking it out on her.

Someone wrote that you're putting too much effort trying to convince her you'e not her gwap when all you need to do is stop being her gwap.
Old November 13th, 2012, 12:58 PM
Banned

Daffy has no reputation
Your conversation should have went like this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Call me J View Post
D: Im going crazy J. ( When I saw this. GFWAP came to my mind and knew I didn't want totp try to fix her situation. So instead of texting her back. What wrong D? I texted her this.)

Me: I'm in the middle of a frisbee golf game. I'll call u later. Keep ur head up. ( Put my phone away and continuing with my game )
If you value her as a friend, then I would've called later like I said I would. If you don't, then why even remain in touch with her?
Old November 13th, 2012, 08:33 PM
Oracle of Masculinity

RufWarrior has five gold starsRufWarrior has five gold stars
I think you should pull away, but you did handle it well. However, it would be good to read WISNIFG soon.
Men reporting success with the plan
I am not trained in mental health. I just found resources to understand the natural laws about the problem, and solutions one would then understand.

Suggested reading on Networking and Doing Well in Your Career
Old November 13th, 2012, 10:22 PM
O.S.G. Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bootstrapped View Post
From this exchange, and your links, yeah, it looks like she considers you her GWAP. IMHO, you should start to pull away from her...or take Flip's advice.
I like Flips advice and that what I was trying to do. I guess I need to be more direct about f'n her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckystrike View Post
I think youre analyzing this way to much for a "girl you treat as a guy friend".

It doesn't matter if she considers you as a GWAP, YOU are acting like one. Or rather, youre trying to convince her youre not a GWAP instead of just stoping being a GWAP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGarrett View Post
I think telling her you were playing frisbee was a bit passive-aggressive. Basically, you were saying " im too busy having fun to talk to you rightnow." if yiu were busy playing frisbee, why respond to her in the first place?

The sex tape comment was ok but your timing was off. After your frisbee comment, you're looking even more passive-aggressive. Its not her fault you became her gwap but it seems like you're taking it out on her.

Someone wrote that you're putting too much effort trying to convince her you'e not her gwap when all you need to do is stop being her gwap.
Naw your right about trying to analyze it to much luckystrike. The point of this thread was break from being her GFWAP. Which goes along with what Flip and bootstrapped said. I was pretty sure she wouldnt go for it. But a GFWAP wouldnt reply to a women with a text like that. Thats why I sent the provocative text. Im trying not to be one anymore.

You guys say just stop. How other then cutting her off? I want her in my life but I dont wanna be the guy she calls about her issues.

J
Old November 13th, 2012, 10:24 PM
O.S.G. Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufWarrior View Post
I think you should pull away, but you did handle it well. However, it would be good to read WISNIFG soon.
What is WISNIFG? Im just getting back into Anderson after a break.